Adsense

Friday, May 14, 2010

In the midst of chaos, a seed of sweetness

This week has been pretty darn crappy, but I discovered something kind of wonderful despite that.

Today N was home from school due to strep throat.  It was a very long day, to be sure, but while M napped this morning, I was able to color with both G and N as we sat on the couch.

The other day she and I worked on a stencil together, and after we had finished she wrote at the top of the page, "I love you, D," and took it to her daddy.  When she brought it back, as a joke I wrote at the bottom, "Do you like me?  Check box.  Yes, No, Sorta" and had her take it back to her dad.  Fortunately, he checked Yes.

Apparently, N really thought this type of note with the question and checking boxes was neat because after we colored she and I wrote notes back and forth to each other.

And I couldn't help but recognize how special this was....just sitting next to each other being able to share writing and reading with her in a fun and goofy way.

After the week I've had with tantrums, lost sleep and sickness, I needed a little bit of sweetness.

1 comment:

Muser Grace said...

That is lovely! And SO sweet!