Adsense

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Now what?

This afternoon I turned in my final assignments for my graduate class. My two courses are finito, so all I need to do is get a transcript, mail them to the teaching standards board and pay my $50. My certification should be good for another 5 years.

Of course, now this leaves me with time to fill. And I am so not good with filling time. I never have been. I like to be out doing, seeing, being around people, so the "free time" I have in the middle of the day while G is napping is much-needed, but it also makes me a little antsy. Like what do I do?

I am not a tv-watcher. I tried to watch a little bit of Across the Universe streamed from Netflix and got bored 30 minutes in. And I only like to read books in bed at night.

I do have all sorts of projects I need to start and finish before October rolls around. Like getting some pictures in scrapbooks, cleaning my dining room, making a photo thing on canvas of G (as I did of N when she was his age).

But the rub is that while I dislike tv and get antsy if I just sit around and do nothing, I don't really have the desire or energy to tackle any of these little projects. I will get them done if for no other reason than that I have written them down in my day-planner, and my OCD will simply not allow them to sit there undone until the ends of time. They must eventually be marked out.

I know I need to indulge myself in this time because in 8 weeks I won't have free time anymore. I will back in the newborn saddle again. But it does make me start to think what I will do with myself when all of my kids are in school full-time.

Life is just chock full of little stupid dilemmas.

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

Hooray for finishing! It is suck a TASK to get through a class when you have small children at home. It was much easier to take a night class when I was working full time, but childless.

I guess you don't nap yourself?