Adsense

Monday, August 17, 2009

And the med saga continues-----

When the medical assistant finally returned my call, she told me everything was fine and they had Rx'd Zoloft for me. My jaw nearly hit the floor. This ain't like substituting grape juice for apple juice, people. I had horrendous side effects from taking Zoloft the few short weeks I took it in 2005. So I told her under no circumstances can I take Zoloft. She said she'd have my ob call.

Late this afternoon I got a call from the medical assistant. They were gonna call the pharmacy and ok the Lexapro 20 mg, but asked that I make sure it is ok to take with my new psychiatrist. I told them that the only reason I was even filling it is because my former psychiatrist left me in the lurch. Once I get an Rx from my new psychiatrist later this week, I'll be golden.

Of course, she told me that Dr. H. said the Lexapro is safe to take, which I FUCKING ALREADY KNOW since I have already gone through a pregnancy while taking it. This came off as if I'm the one making a big honking deal about being prescribed Lexapro.

And so I have decided to do the following:

1. Write up and give my ob a brand spanking new informed consent about taking Lexapro during this pregnancy (since I'm going for my 32 week visit tomorrow).

2. File a grievance with the KY Medical Licensure Board on my former psychiatrist. Even if it comes to nothing, it will make me feel better because not informing patients was completely unprofessional and negligent when it leaves patients in a medication lurch, as in my case.

3. Pray that my new psychiatrist doesn't give me a shitload of grief about Lexapro.

2 comments:

Keri said...

What a nightmare!!! I don't blame you for filing a complaint on the last doc. Something should be done to let SOMEone know how irresponsible he was. LIke you said, even if it comes to nothing, it will make you feel better.

I'm glad you got what you need...for now. It will be interesting to see what your new doc says...I hope he/she is agreeable...I'm sure you'll keep us updated.

Keri said...

Oh, and I can't believe they tried to substitute Zoloft. Seriously, does your OB not understand that there are huge differences in these types of meds? Sheesh.