Adsense

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Moan, whimper

That's it. I have reached "that point." That place in late pregnancy when one is really, truly tired of feeling like part of the cast of Alien....specifically, the man who has the alien burst out of his abdominal cavity.

Last night while attempting to read in bed, baby #3 decided to do some power aerobics or something. I have never seen my belly move like that. I guess my uterus is good and stretched out now that it's on its third go round. As much as feeling fetal movement is amazing and cool, I am about tired of it because now it really hurts. I keep thinking the baby is lying transverse because I keep feeling long, deep pokes waaaay over on my right side. But who knows? I've had one head-down, one head-up, so this one might as well do something original.

And those of you who have been pregnant before know that weird feeling like the baby is tickling the backside of your cervix? Yep, that's happening too. Like a hand or foot is just gonna pop out any moment.

D and my MIL are constantly asking, "Are you ok?" because every movement I make is usually accompanied by heavy breathing and/or sighing and often some grunting. I have turned into a troll.

And the funniest thing is that even though I know I have felt like this twice before, I totally don't remember any of it or if I do the memories are fuzzy and nebulous. Mother Nature can be a raving bitch, but she is also a fucking genius.

Here's to 6.5 more weeks of being my own science experiment.

2 comments:

Giselle said...

You are totally right about not really remembering this part. It must be due to lack of oxygen due to all the panting...you are killing the brain cells that would normally be filing this away to memory. Genius. In just 2 years or so, you'll be mourning the fact that you'll never be pregnant again.

Unless you are me. Then you mourn the fact there will be no more babies...but never never never the pregnancy shit.

:) You'll get there.

Kelsey said...

With my first she was so high up, I was pregnant entirely above my belly button, it was like chin meets belly, so I do not recall anything like the cervix-tickling you describe. (She was also breech and required a c-section). Then I never made it far enough along with Michael to have any of that type of feeling...

There's so much about this point of pregnancy that sucks, but just imagine how much more fretful you'd be if the baby was born now!

Hang in there.