Adsense

Monday, August 24, 2009

Marking stuff off my list

Today I filed paperwork that had been sitting in the office for....well, I don't really know how long. I also attempted to do some scrapbooking, but I ran out of tape after the first picture. Clearly, I wasn't meant to do that today.

Next weekend, D is going to put up the crib in our bedroom, and N said she would help me put the baby linens on it.

Still on my to-do list or my "nag hubby until he does it" list:

1. Buy newborn diapers
2. Finish scrapbooking all pics from April-current
3. Sand & paint wall behind bookshelf in basement --this is D's job. I just gotta harass.
4. Try to repair the VCR -- another job for D. I get to improve my badgering skills.
5. If VCR can't be fixed, take to electronics recycling center along with shredder that no longer works.
6. Put down more lava rock in front flower beds.
7. Buy G's birthday invites, plates, napkins, etc.
8. Schedule a pregnancy massage.

There is more that needs to be done, but I haven't thought of it yet.

Nesting mode has hit. D and I broke down old speaker boxes that had been sitting in our basement for 7 years. I feel the need to purge the closets for Goodwill donations.

Nothing like knowing that for the next 2 years or so, you will have virtually no free time and so I better do alot of shit now.

2 comments:

Keri said...

I can very much relate to what you're going through, since I did exactly the same thing last Feb-May. I took on projects that had been sitting around forever, knowing that once I had 3 kids 4 and under, there was little likelihood of getting much of anything done beyond basic care.

The GOOD news, from this side of the experience, is that even after the baby is born, you'll find more free time than you thought you would in the first few months. I'm talking minutes here, not hours, so don't get TOO excited.

But you saw the huge Father's Day project that I did this past spring, and Jonah was only 10 months old when I took on that task. So...there is hope. :-)

Kelsey said...

Since my baby isn't two yet, this post made me feel free to absolve myself of all my unchecked to dos, thanks!