Adsense

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

10 Years

I better write this now because tomorrow is Halloween, and I never get time to blog during the day anymore.

Thursday is mine and D's 10 year wedding anniversary. The first 2-3 years of our marriage went by in a painful crawl (it took us that long to work out alot of the kinks), but time has flown by since then especially since we moved into our current home.

I am usually really good at bitching about D rather than discussing all of his great qualities, so I thought I'd post some of the reasons why I'm glad I married him.

D is a nice guy....the nice guy that never gets the girl in movies. Despite being only 24 when we married (and therefore still mostly an idiot with zero life experience) I somehow knew he would never be the type of jerky dude to hurt me. He's just a good, sensitive and affectionate fella who really adores his family.

He HATES sports just like I do, and, believe me, this fact played a big role in my attraction to him. My dad and brother lorded over the tv when I was growing up, subjecting me to YEARS of watching football, basketball, and golf. I have never had to argue with D over watching a televised game of any kind or had to hear about some game he went to see over the weekend.

D is totally ok with me being a complete psycho spazz---he sensed I had mood issues long before they were diagnosed and married me anyway.

I'm so not good at lauding him via blog, or even telling him. I just couldn't imagine being married to anyone else but him. I used to always think to myself that D is my best thing...of course, now I have to extend that title to N and G as well, but without D, they wouldn't be in the picture.

I am so very fortunate to have such a great husband and wonderful family. I'm ready to re-up for another 10.

No comments: