Adsense

Sunday, October 7, 2007

Excruciatingly Tender

Yes, this is a brief blog about my nipples.

All I can say is that no matter what the books say and no matter how many lactation consultants examine the latch, a person with skin as sensitive as mine doesn't just slide into nursing (even kiddo #2) without pain.

When a voracious little bugger like my son sucks on me approximately 12 times a day for 40 minutes each time, it tends to irritate that ever so delicate nipple skin.

I continue to take my Super Motrin not for my c-section incision but for my boobs. Oh, to be one of those hardy, chesty women who suckle without incident.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey C,

I've heard wonderful things about a product called Soothies. You may already know about this - it's been awhile since I've been in the market for such products.

Susan