Adsense

Friday, October 26, 2007

Adjustment Update (1 month)



So the L family has a month of life with it's newest member under the belt. How are we faring?

G is said newest member so he is in his own little world of sleeping, eating, pooping, and pissing. How nice.

N really seems to like her little brother. She will check on him for no apparent reason and is eager to have pictures taken with him. She hates it when he cries and is forever jamming his pacifier into his mouth. I told D the poor boy won't say his first words until he is 15 because he will be dodging a rubber nipple until N is off at college.

Now this is not to say she is perfectly thrilled with having a baby in the house. She has been waking up at night and wanting to come into our bed, especially when I am nursing G there. And her sassiness with me has grown to new heights, which could be attributed to baby brother or just being exposed to new and equally obnoxious 3-year-olds at preschool.

D is being so helpful with G...he is so much more at ease with G than he ever was with N during her infancy. He is sleep deprived but a good cheerleader for me even on his worst days. He has some stressful projects at work so he is facing chaos on 2 fronts.

And then there is me...Miss "It Will Take Me At Least Until 2010 to Adjust to This New Life." I am tired....very nearly bone tired, although today I took both kids to my parents' house so I could nap. Feeling guilty because I can't keep N as occupied as I would like or give her as much attention as I would like, and I am patient up until about 8:00 pm when the tiredness hits utter exhaustion level. It is at that point that I simply can't stand being "on" anymore. I hear myself saying "Now" a whole lot more, as in "Get your pjs on NOW," "Brush your teeth NOW," and "Get the hell to sleep NOW."

Next week is a busy one. Monday is G's 1 month dr. visit. Tuesday is N's Halloween party at school. Thursday is mine and D's 10 year wedding anniversary (and you know we won't be doing anything to commemorate it including eating out, purchasing presents for each other or having wild monkey sex.) A peck on the cheek before collapsing into bed is all we are up for at this point.

Speaking of collapsing, it is quarter after 9, so I am due for a shower and a collapse soon.

1 comment:

Giselle said...

Sounds like you're hanging in there. ;) Jeff did so much better helping with #2 also...of course he should have been. When Lily turned 1 month, I was in a hotel halfway to Pennsylvania, facing the prospect of unpacking all my worldly goods with a newborn and 3 year old in tow. And Andrew was dealing with not only a new sibling, but also losing everything familiar to him. And I had no friends. Or family. Gee...come to think of it, why didn't Jeff do better? I didn't even get a nice piece of jewelry for putting up with all that crap! ;)

Anyway, time fixes all things. Soon G will be sleeping better, eating better, and N will be 4...that's gotta be better than 3, right? Right? Tell me I'm right. ;) Soon the memory of this time will just be a blur...

Thinking of you...