Adsense

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Relearning and Re-Remembering

Mother Nature is a tricky bitch. A brilliant gal, but tricky to the core. She makes women forget all the unpleasantness of pregnancy, birth and early child-rearing so that we want to do it again and again.

Although this is my 2nd child, G might as well be my first because I am completely clueless as to what he and I are doing. I forgot how often N nursed. I forgot how badly my cracked nipples hurt. I forgot how much N slept during the day and how little I slept during the night.

D says he is going to start recording crying spells (G's and mine) and the other sundry parts of this new baby experience so in 3 years when I start talking about kiddo tres, he can whip out the tape and persuade me that it is so not a good idea.

D has encouraged me to try to sleep when G sleeps, but that is impossible. Sleep when the baby sleeps is only useful with your 1st child. Although N has been wonderful with him, you just never know what a 3-year-old might do with Play-Doh and her baby brother's nasal passages while mommy snoozes on the couch.

I visited the lactation consultant yesterday and got some nipple ointment so keep your fingers crossed that I am on the way to speedy healing. I also learned breast compression for my "dud boob" (the right one is seriously LD) so hopefully that will prevent G from getting so pissed and trying to yank off my nipple out of frustration.

Checked in with my therapist too. I have my good moments and my depressed moments (sometimes within the course of an hour), but I can say I feel more assured this week than I did last week. Getting N to preschool Monday and Tuesday of this week on time and without incident was affirming. Tomorrow I might try to get an allergy shot with both kids in tow.

Baby steps.

No comments: