Adsense

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Week 37

And nothing going on but the mortgage---
(For those of you who did not spend your teen years listening to "No-Diggety", it is actually, "Aint' nothin goin on but the rent" which sounds way cooler than the mortgage, but I do live in suburbia).

Anyway.....

Took N to storytime and McDonald's for lunch. While she was playing in the jungle gym, I sat on my butt and happened to catch a glimpse of my reflection in the window. HUGE!!!!! I just simply look like I stuck a watermelon under my shirt.

Despite my girth, I think I must forget that I'm pregnant because I am always shocked to see myself in a mirror or reflective window. It is like it's leftover from when I was early in my pregnancy, just pooching out a little bit, and people would ask, "When are you due?" It would take me a minute before I realized they were talking to me.

Of course there really is no way for me to forget I'm pregnant. I haven't seen my feet for months; I have no earthly idea how much pubic hair I have and whether it is braidable at this point, and every time I eat I receive seemingly joyous kicks of delight from my parasitic son. So I don't understand my surprise at seeing myself. Maybe it is just that pregnancy has become as normal to me now as being not pregnant was normal when I wasn't pregnant. There's some circular logic for ya!

And now that the weather has cooled off into the delightful 70s and 80s, I think I can thoroughly handle and even enjoy these last weeks. Because even though I've done this birthing business before, it is a lot less work to be pregnant than to deliver and tend to a newborn.

1 comment:

Giselle said...

I always had dreams during pregnancy (of course), but I was NEVER pregnant in them. It's like my brain remembering what it was like to be FREEEEEEE! What a bummer to wake up to the full bladder and cramping feet.

I'm glad the weather is breaking for you.