Adsense

Friday, December 23, 2011

Gingerbread lean-tos

Yesterday N and I made gingerbread dough.

This morning, N, G and I rolled the dough and cut out shapes for our gingerbread houses (plus some Christmas trees, stars, snowflakes and gingerbread men).

This afternoon, N and G made and decorated gingerbread houses lean-tos.  I'm sure there are some gingerbread squatters living inside.

This was the first time we've ever attempted this, so I wasn't sure how it was gonna go.  Fortunately, given my penchant for pathetic looking birthday cakes, the kids had no problem with the houses not looking picture perfect.

The kids did really well.  They helped me unwrap candies and put them in little bowls.  They helped carry the bowls to the table.  They each waited patiently while I was helping the other one.  It was remarkably calm and fun.  Oh, and messy.

D served as photographer/camcorder operator/gingerbread house critic.


Breaking up the peppermint pieces.

The kids putting candies in dishes.  Oh, and eating the candy too.  

Everything all laid out....ready to go.

N's house before her high-style decorating was added.


G's BEFORE picture.

Working.....


Still working.....




G's finished house.

N's finished house.

No comments: