Adsense

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Conversation Hearts for my children

It is the day after Valentine's, and just as the price of chocolates wrapped in red have plummeted, so has my mood.  I have been with sick kids since Saturday, Feb 5th when M started running a fever.  N seems to finally, maybe, be over her fever-running, although I fully anticipate an early morning something that will keep her home from school again tomorrow.

Today G has been complaining of his tummy hurting, and he has a cough, and he is just whinier than normal, a sure sign that his turn with the never-ending virus is nigh.

And as I've been at the mercy of sickish, demanding children who have asked the moon and Valentine candy to boot, I began thinking what kind of conversation hearts I would give them today.

To G:  (He gets 4 conversation hearts because he is 3, a particularly aggravating age.)
*UR annoyin'
* Let's spend some time apart
*U drive Me crazy
*I LUV the idea of drop-kickin' you across the street

To M:
*Quit askin' for boob
*U paw on me 2 Much
*2 cute 2 put out on the sidewalk for another family to take home

To N:
*Wash UR hands more so U quit getting sick all the time.
*Blow UR nose OK?
*4 more months til summer insanity.

No comments: