Adsense

Friday, June 4, 2010

NOW I'm sympathetic (and other things I should qualify)

D has been having some trouble since his snip-snip over a month ago.  Discomfort that won't go away, so he saw the doctor who performed the surgery this week.  He has been instructed to take lots of NSAIDs for the next two weeks.  If the discomfort hasn't cleared in that time, he is to return to the office.  The problem could be a granuloma or scar tissue, requiring more surgery.  Ack!!!!

Having to deal with the infection in my c-section scar this last go-round, which required 2 antibiotics, lancing the sight and lots of discomfort, makes me very sympathetic to what D is having to deal with.  After surgery, you just want to heal up and move on.  Seems that isn't in our family's cards for some reason.

After reflecting on my last blog about my lack of summer plans, it occurred to me that I do, to some extent, have some plans, although they are very loosey-goosey.

I purchased 2 workbooks for N to work on every day during her time off.  I will be sending her to 3-4 half-day camp activities.  And I intend to have take her to some children's programs at our nearby library in July.  On those occasions when the boys nap at the same time, I am having her read to me in order to earn rewards at Barnes & Noble and 1/2 Price Books for their summer reading series.

Based on how these last 3 days have gone, I think the summer will be alright.  The weekends and days off from school here and there are always chaotic and make me worry that summer will be too.  But it is a long enough stretch of time to get into a new routine.

No comments: