Adsense

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Growling

I have been thinking of mother lionesses lately, specifically the way they will growl and take a swat at their own cubs whenever the cubs are being particularly annoying.  The feline version of, "I brought you into this world, and I can take you out of it."

This week hasn't been so great.  There was the unexpected Monday, followed on Tuesday with me waking up with the adult-version of M's croup from last week.  Feeling tired, with my head all stuffy and my Brenda Vaccaro voice.  And no sick days to take.

Yesterday was day-long rain, which we desperately needed but which makes the kids go a little bonkers.  In the afternoon, N was being a complete shit, so I made her take a nap.  Her mood was MUCH improved the rest of the day, but then she didn't want to go to sleep until 10:00.

And she was up this morning at 6:30, asking me for help, getting snippy when I refused and then proceeding to wake up G for which I could have totally kicked her in the ass.  Did I mention I am feeling yucky?  And I'm already sleep-deprived from night-nursing?  Can you guess who my most unfavorite daughter was this morning at 6:30?

AND then today, just like Monday afternoon, I spend 2+ hours on the phone with surgery schedulers, billing department workers, and insurance customer service representatives, trying to figure out which hospital/surgery center we are in network at and how much of G's college fund will have to pay for this ear-tube surgery.  Seriously, whom do I have to fuck to get a straight answer about what our benefits are and which doctors are in network????

Add to this my latent anxiety that N or G will get sick before we head out next week for a short family trip.

Hence my internal lioness, ready to rip the hide of just about anyone who dares mess with me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Insurance is bullshit. End of story. You pay out your ass for it and then it covers hardly anything. Not to mention they are complete assholes to talk to :)