Adsense

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Bleh

I feel like I want to write something, but I'm not having any super insightful revelations, and so I will just write about my (and our) goings-on and see what happens.

THE WEEK AHEAD:

This week is chock full of activities, none of which include cleaning.  Tomorrow I'm taking the kids to the library.  I just put a bunch of goodies on reserve after having perused Reading Rockets' 2010 Summer Reading guide.  Getting new reads from the library is almost as good as the first scoop from a new jar of peanut butter or a haircut.

Tuesday is playgroup, which will be at the zoo or my house, depending on the weather.  I hope the weather is nice so we can preview the new Seal & Sea Lion exhibit that has just been completed at the zoo.

Wednesday is a baby shower for a MOMS Club friend, so the kids will be able to play and I will be able to enjoy my mommy friends.

Thursday is exercise class in the a.m., and then bookclub in the p.m.

And Friday will be swimming at Nana & Pa's neighborhood pool if the weather cooperates.

THE KIDS:

M is a pincher.  Whenever I'm nursing him he takes his hand and pinches the underside of my arm, which hurts like hades.

These are some of my favorite things that G says:
Dat be fun = in response to me saying we are going to go somewhere.
Cah I go?= in response to me saying we are going to go somewhere.
Dat nice= in response to me saying we are going to go somewhere.
Mommy, you need gas? = whenever we pass by a Kroger gas station.
Mommy, can we get ice ceem? = whenever we pass by our local Homemade Pie & Ice Cream Kitchen.

He and N are now sitting next to each other in the very back of the minivan.  There are few things cuter than G trying to sing along to Ludacris' rap in Justin Bieber's "Baby."  All G can manage to get out are the last words usually.  Cazy (his version of crazy).....starstruck.....Starbucks.

As we were leaving our neighborhood, G mentioned that there was a forklift over with the other diggers.  N asked what a forklift looked like.  D and I tried to explain it to her.  She said, "Oh, I get it," and then proceeded to explain to us that she knew what it looked like.  She said something about it having "four cliffs......get it....forklift."  Riiiiiiiight.

MY HAIR:
I decided to do something different with my hair yesterday.  I cannot wear my hair long.  It took me a long time to finally submit to the fact that I do not look good with anything other than short hair.  It's my lot in life.  I have accepted it.  But I had been wearing a "longer" short cut, and now it is a "shorter" short cut.  I always worry that I am going to look too "butch," especially since I don't wear makeup, earrings, high heels or anything typically feminine.  With nursing, I've got more boobage....but still.  So I'm still uncertain what I think of this new style.  If nothing else it will make me appreciate the older style more whenever I go back to it.

Ok, I've bored myself to death now.  I'm going to go read.


1 comment:

Keri said...

(Still catching up - yes, I'm slow.)

I should post a new list of our latest favorite library books, since most of my blog readers have kids Bailey's and N's age - and you feel free to post your newest kids' library finds too... :-)

I love "Dat be fun!" Has to make you smile even if you just told him "We're going to Rite Aid to get some glycerine suppositories for your brother."

Jonah is just now starting to speak in sentences, and ask questions, and I'm finding it SO much fun. I guess it was just as fun and cute when the girls did it, but maybe because they were both early - and quickly skilled - talkers, I didn't get the chance to savor those small, adorable steps to verbal fluency.

The funniest thing is that he speaks his sentences like a robot, carefully pronouncing each word with no inflections, I guess because he's thinking so hard about getting each word out. The girls DEFINITELY didn't do that. So, for example, tonight when he had a nice combination of slobber and orange juice on the front of his shirt, he reported robotically, "I...feel...wet..." :-)