Adsense

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Blog pensieve

I thought I was done blogging, but in the shower I thought of things I needed to get out of my brain before I attempt sleep.

1. I am a great mom because I took the kids to the zoo today despite feeling under the weather.  I didn't go to my exercise class (it kicks my butt when I feel 100%, so there was no way I'd be up for at when feeling 60%), but I knew I'd have to do something with the kids.  N and G were bouncing off the walls by 8:45.

I had 2 options:  I could stay at home and get pissed because the kids wouldn't allow me to just drex around.  They'd be wanting me to play or get them snacks or they'd just fight with each other.  OR I could take them to the zoo, run them out, and be distracted from my darn sinuses.  I chose option 2.  

2. At the zoo, I used my new Ergo carrier.  I bit the bullet and shelled out $100 for it the other day (which is crazy), but today proved just how stinking AWESOME that thing is.  I was able to easily nurse M while walking around carrying him on the front AND later on when M was in the stroller, I carried G in it on my back on our way out of the zoo when he was absolutely bushed from running all over creation.  I am so getting my money's worth out of this puppy.  And it goes to 40 lbs!!!!

3. G leaned on me the other day while he and I were on the couch and said, "I yuv you too and it's my turn."  You know, I love my children equally yet differently and each has a special place in my heart, but my little middle is especially special.  

4. Justin Bieber is coming to town in November, and I am debating whether to take N.  It seems stupid to take a 6-year-old to a concert, but she likes his music, and I know a lot of parents have taken their kids to see Miley Cyrus or Jonas Brothers.  Definitely won't take her if it's a school night.  And I haven't checked the calendar.  Shit, I'm having a hard time just keeping on top of today, let alone November.   What would you do????

Ok, brain dump done.  

1 comment:

Keri said...

I'm not familiar with the Ergo carrier, but I'm glad it's working for you. And yes, I think you made the wise choice to suffer at the zoo rather than suffering at home. I'm sure your kids were easier to entertain there.

As for your "what would you do?" question, I may not be the best one to answer that, since I'm old-fashioned and don't let my kids listen to tween/teen music at their ages. But if you're talking about the money issue, I say if you think she'd really enjoy it and have great memories from it, then I think it would be money well-spent!