Adsense

Thursday, March 11, 2010

My babes' mouths

Time is certainly flying, and evidence is that is the things my kids say.

N has been writing a paper game called "Push," which I am certain she learned from the older girls on the school bus.  It involves picking either "Hug, Love, Kiss or Marry," and then selecting a number.  The numbers correspond to her classmates' names, and therefore whomever plays the "game" ends up either hugging, loving, kissing or marrying a kindergartner.  She thinks this is great fun.  (I remember doing these type games but I would swear I was older than 6 when I did them.)

Anyway, she tried this game on me and D, and when we refused to play anymore (we figured out her "number" was 2, so we kept saying it), she moved onto G.  With her instruction, he was able to pick one of the four verbs, but when it came time to pick a number, N told him to "say any number," to which he, in all his 2-year-old brilliance, replied, "Any number."  So N tried again by saying, "No, G, say a number."  To which he replied, "A number."  I think she gave up after that.

And then last night we talked briefly about the time change coming this weekend.  When we told her we would move forward an hour and it would be light when she went to bed, she said, "That is impossible and weird at the same time."

And, finally, on Monday she must have replied, "Saweet" to everything comment I made at the dinner table.

G is talking more and more and becoming a music connoiseur.  In the car he first requests "McQueen," which is Sheryl Crow's Real Gone.  Then he wants to hear "Move It," which is Will.i.am's I Like to Move It.  G really gets into this one, repeating after Will.i.am "bayup, bayup, bayup" (back it up, back it up, back it up).  Finally, he specifies The Chippette's "Ah Single Lays," the rodent version of Beyonce's Single Ladies (Put a Ring On It).

No comments: