Adsense

Monday, March 29, 2010

A family tradition




When I was a kid, my family would take walks together through the neighborhood.  My mom would always throw up her hand to wave as a neighbor drove by.  When my dad developed ulcerative colitis and wasn't able to make it far without a toilet nearby and my brother was working, my mom and I would take walks together, talking, debating.  Sometimes we would get pretty worked up, and we always said they neighbors could hear us going at each other, two hens pecking at each other.  

I have fond, fond memories of family walks.

Now, it is one of our family traditions.  I love our family walks.  It is funny how my kids throw their hands up as cars pass by, after seeing me do it so many times.  It gives me and D a chance to talk since N and G run ahead, chasing each other.  It gives us a chance to spend time together outside.  

I hope my children have fond memories of this time when they become adults too.  













1 comment:

Keri said...

Such sweet pictures!