Adsense

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Belly shots (16 weeks past & present)

Although I do the belly shots, it is a little gross seeing how strung out my body has gotten over the course of five years. (And only my poor hubby and I must endure seeing me plum naked. Be thankful I have some modesty.)

In
2000, my bump was itty-bitty at 16 weeks. Hell, I was still wearing regular pants at 16 weeks. During my pregnancy in 2006, I wore my bikini all summer long and looked pretty darn good. This year I will still don the bikini, but only because I refuse to go buy anything new, maternity wear or otherwise. This year, I've got giganto splotches of spider veins across my legs with which to adorn myself. No ink for me, thanks. My body produces its own.

I can't wait to see how long I get in this pregnancy before I'm ready to stop wearing pants. Probably another month.....

One of the best things about being pregnant is feeling like your own science experiment--feeling and seeing fetal movement across your skin, seeing your body change and transform back (somewhat) following birth. I am finding, though, with this 3rd pregnancy, that being pregnant is like being a lab rat in your own science experiment. The rat that gets the funky side effects. The lab rat everyone winces at when they see it.

Let's take a stroll down memory lane.....


Preggo with N (2003, age 30)
What a wee little bump.


Preggo with G (2007, age 33)
I look whale-like, but I think it is the outfit.




Preggo with #3 (2009, age 35)
I asked D, "Do I really look this terrible in real life?"
He replied, "Well, it looks like you."
How's that for non-committal.

2 comments:

Giselle said...

I think you look pretty good. But I'm a bit horrified, because I have a picture hanging on my fridge right now that I took to motivate me not to snack...and I swear my belly looks the same as yours. -sigh-

Oh, and I asked Jeff the same thing one time...he just said, "You still look like the girl I married." Does that mean I've ALWAYS looked like a tired, unbathed, homeless woman?

Keri said...

You are one brave pregnant lady, to post bare belly pics on your blog! But I'm like Giselle. Your pregnant belly is oddly reminiscent of my 10-month-post-partum one... You certainly have nothing to be ashamed of.