Adsense

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Limbo-mode (and I can't bend backwards)

I didn't mean for the title to be a metaphor for my personality, but it certainly is. I am not a terribly flexible person. I don't like change, unless I am in control of the change. And I don't like to be in a waiting mode, and yet, here I am....waiting for vacation to come, waiting for swine flu to go the fuck away, and waiting for this baby.

I was gonna wait to get my haircut but decided I had had ENOUGH of looking like a mangy mutt. So that makes me feel a bit better.

We have decided not to find out the gender of this baby, although if we see a wee willie winkie on the screen, I guess we will kinda know, although we don't want confirmation from the technician or doctor. I'm starting to think of baby names, and am still having the same issues as before. Don't want an "N" name or a "G" name, or anything that rhymes with the other two's names, or anything that begins with "L," due to D's last name. Or anything that can be shortened, although one of the names I have in mind I actually like the shortened name, but it wouldn't sound right to be a "real" name on it's own for like a birth certificate.

Here are some I've been throwing around (and nobody better steal them...friends who are due around when I'm due....you know who you are.)

Rhys (boy)
Rowan (boy)
Ronan (boy)
Renn (boy)
Malcolm (boy)
Maeve (girl)
Tess (girl)
D'Arcy (girl)
Fallon (girl)

Course, D and I haven't discussed much because once we put the kids to bed and have some quiet in the home in which to converse, we are so stinking tired and sick to death of sound that we just go our own ways to enjoy the silence.

We also haven't discussed how we are going to "do" the bedroom situation with N, G and the new dude/dudette. I'm thinking of using lots of sheets to designate one part of the big bedroom to one child and the other side to the other, but who these children might be remains unclear (although it will definitely be the ones who currently live here or will in October--I ain't gonna pick up any stragglers just for the hell of it.)

Anyway, just putzing along. Waiting and wondering what the heck I'm gonna do with 3 kids.


1 comment:

Blaire. said...

I like rowan and maeve!