Adsense

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Wine & chocolate kind of day

N has been sick since Saturday.
I have not been out of the house since Saturday.
Snow & ice make it look unlikely that I will get out of the house for many more days.
Hence, the need for wine & chocolate this evening.
We don't have enough wine & chocolate in this house to last me until I can get out to the grocery store.
Goddamn ice & snow!!!!!!

My class is going well. I am staying ahead of things for the most part. Unfortunately, due to said class and my inability to blog often, probably only D will read this since my dear readers have moved onto to bigger and more interesting/reliable blogging fare, and he already spent a few hours tonight watching the steam spew from my ears in an effort not to wring the necks of my beloved children.

My dad is going to have his colon removed next week. He has had ulcerative colitis for 20 years, and it has gotten to the point where taking 20 pills a day doesn't help at all. Plus, there is the issue of cancer possibly lying within the inflammed parts of the colon. Even though I think this surgery is the best possible thing for him, I am simply nervous about surgery, in general (me spazzing off about my c-section....ring a bell?).

Ok, need to hit the books and read about emergent literacy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm out of ice cream, maybe running low on cookies.

Anonymous said...

Hope the surgery goes alright.
Beth