Adsense

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

How I "do" Girl Scout cookies

I am starting to think my relationship with Girl Scout cookies is a little weird. D would most likely concur.

Here's how things play out every single year.

We get an email from the B family in January or February asking if we want to buy cookies from their daughter. I always order a few boxes of Samoas, a box of Tagalongs, and a box of Thin Mints. When they arrive, we eat (excuse me, I eat) the box of Thin Mints, and D and I share a box of Samoas. Into the freezer go the other boxes of Samoas and the box of Tagalongs.
....12 months later....
In January or February we get another email from the B family asking if we want to buy cookies from their daughter. I order the same as last year. Immediately after placing my order I get into the freezer and retrieve the boxes of Samoas and Tagalongs so they can thaw. I eat most of those boxes before D even realizes that we have boxes of Girl Scout cookies from last year sitting in the pantry.

My mother-in-law is astounded that I can keep the cookies in the freezer so long without eating them. Girl Scout cookies are like Elaine Bennis's contraceptive sponges....they aren't going to be wasted on just any old day. I pay a chunk of change for them, so we aren't gonna suck 'em down like we would an inexpensive box of graham crackers or Chips A'hoy.

Why am I thinking about this????
Because today I have eaten 4 Samoas and 2 Tagalongs.
And the day ain't over yet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know where your willpower comes from...not me and especially not P. Trying to be a little healthier and shed a few lbs, but do like a little something sweet every once in awhile. If I buy something like cookies and don't seriouly stash it (freezer is too obvious) it will be gone by the time I have my sweet tooth. I can't believe there are no others in your family that would eat them. Maybe G when he gets older. I feel like T is eating me out of house and home already.

Beth