Adsense

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Drama queen or anxiety sufferer?

Or both.

I am not dead yet from this online class, but I admit to having some physical symptoms of anxiety this past Tuesday night, when the class "preview" opened up---heavy chest feeling, heart palpitations, sleep problems, and obsessing. But it was short-lived.
Technically, the class doesn't even begin until this coming Tuesday, the 20th, but had I waited until then to check things out I would be in need of Klonopin, BuSpar, Xanax, and Ativan, if not all of the above.

There is ALOT of reading in the class, and I have found it a little difficult to read all of the instructions online. Whereas in a "real" class I would be handed a syllabus and sent on my merry way, I have had to scroll through endless online pages. There are 11 modules to the class, and each module comes with readings, activities and checklists. I have completed Module I and am about halfway through with Module II. A worried freak-a-zoid I am. A procrastinator I am not.

When I was a "real" student, I always got first week jitters....seizures....whatever. And within a couple weeks, once I got into a groove and got a handle on what I had to do and when and found my pacing, I was fine. Once upon a time, fine meant I MUST GET AN A. Now fine means, I just want to pass this thing so I can get my certificate renewed. I would have enjoyed my education so much more if I hadn't been so wrapped up in grades, which mean so much less than nada in the big scheme of things that it makes me throw up a little in my mouth.

So now that I've got my head screwed on a little better, I think I will not actually crawl into a hole and slowly wither away for the next 11 weeks.

I will bitch here on my blog for all the world to read! Hurray for blogs.

No comments: