Adsense

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Torture

I have had many definitions of torture over the years, none of which align with the Geneva Conventions.

For a long time, torture for me would be having to iron clothes while wearing pantyhose. I don't loathe ironing as much as I used to, so while this remains something I do not like to do or want to do particularly in pantyhose, it no longer qualifies as torturous.

Torture is no longer spending time with a certain in-law, nor is it getting poop on my hands (thank you antidepressants).

Starting today and ending March 31, 2009, my definition of torture is the online graduate class I am taking to keep my teaching certificate current.

Starting today chances are slim I will be blogging much, if at all. Chances are slim you will see my on FB, if you do FB. I will not be at bookclub. I will hopefully make it to bunco, but I will likely come decked out in a grimace.

So adieu my loves, at least for a time.

6 comments:

Giselle said...

So long! I had to have my courses done by last June...and I signed up almost a full year in advance...and then found out I was pregnant just 2 weeks before the course started. It was a LONG several months of puking and taking the frickin' on-line assignments.

Anyhoo...I feel your pain. It feels so goooooood when it is finished though. Now my looming deadline is 2012. That feels really far away right now...

Keri said...

I'm sorry that you'll be so sparse in cyberspace, but trust that I'll see you occasionally in real life. And it just occured to me: I wonder if I'M supposed to be taking a class to keep my certificate current. I thought I was told that once you have an MAT, you're as good as gold forever...

Anonymous said...

At least your not lazy like me who just said,"screw it" and didn't take them. I'm sure I'll regret that someday, but just not dealing with it right now. Good luck!
Beth

Erin said...

Boo! We'll miss you, but don't worry. We've (or at least, I've) got you locked in my Google Reader, so I'll know whenever you post.

Good luck!

Anonymous said...

I'm betting there will be a day somewhere down the road where yo will want to throw the books on the floor and get the heck out of the house and forget about it all. We'll be there for ya when that happens ;)

Anonymous said...

Hang in there. I had a major turning point in my life when I signed up for a video course to keep my certification. 3 years later, still had unwatched videos, a proud F on my transcript, and a better understanding of "Just f it." I still have nightmares of getting the bad grade but it was really good for me. :)