Adsense

Monday, January 5, 2009

TGI a week of normalcy and routine

Yeah, it's Jan 5th. D is back at work....a real work-week. N goes back to preschool on Wednesday. G has playdate on Thursday. My life is back to normal.

Oh, how I craved this day.

Bear in mind, I didn't kill D or even think about murdering him during his time off for Christmas. How's that for restraint?
And N didn't drive me batty either, but I kept her quite busy.

Today I took the kids to a library we don't normally visit, where G kept trying to nosedive into a reading pit-like area, which meant I didn't get to peruse the picture books as much as I normally would. Oh, let's be honest--since that boy started walking, even on perfectly level surfaces, I haven't been able to look through the picture books as much as I like.

And then I took them to McDonald's with a play-area. But N informed me once we were inside and had ordered our food that she doesn't like this particular McDonald's play-area. She didn't pitch a fit, though (which is a small miracle). And G ate half a plain hamburger.

The rest of the day was playing, reading, housework and fixing dinner. And picking D up from work since his car is really near death....like will have to be towed to the dealership. I thought we'd be able to save more money in 2009 but obviously that frackin cabbage I ate on New Year's Day had NO EFFECT whatsoever.

But it was a structured, normal day....so I am more relaxed than I have been in weeks.

2 comments:

Giselle said...

Is THAT why you're supposed to eat cabbage on New Year's? Huh...I always wondered.

Perhaps I need to start doing it...

What does eating pig on New Year's do? Make you fatter? I think I've been doing that one the last few years...it seems to be working!

Keri said...

I know what you mean -- back to routine is almost always a good thing. I'm glad you're able to breathe freely again!