Adsense

Friday, January 9, 2009

15-month update

How can G possibly be 15 months old?

We visited the doctor today for his well check-up. He got stuck twice in the leg, his ear tubes are still in place, and all seems well. He's 32.25 inches (75%), 26 lb, 5.8 oz (70%), and his head is 19 in (75%), so he is totally proportional.

And a total buster. He is often as stubborn as a mule and has quite a temper. I guess D is right that he takes after his momma.

I love, love, love this age of discovery. It is so wonderful to hear him picking up new words. He says, "nana," for cars and trucks, as in "nananananana," the sound of a motor running. It amazes me that I can say to him, "Let's put on your coat," and I know he understands since he walks toward me with his arm out, ready for the sleeve. When he waddles past me, I often have to do a double-take like, "Who is that short little blonde person walking around here?" This time has passed so very quickly.

It is such a precious thing when he toddles over, book in hand, and settles down on my lap for me to read to him. Or when I am on my back on the floor, and he dives onto me for hugs and kisses. Or when he lays his tired head on my shoulder after running around at open gym.

If only I could put snippets of this time in a little box to open many years from now when he towers over me, grunts even though he is fully capable of comprehendible speech, and doesn't care so much for momma anymore.

1 comment:

Keri said...

I agree, this is a great age! I've always said that my favorite baby age (so far) is 10-months to 16-months. Then...it starts getting hairy...