Adsense

Monday, August 20, 2007

Thank heavens I didn't go off my meds...

because if I had I would be far more spastic than I am right now since my mom informed me this afternoon that my dad has melanoma.

They saw the surgeon this past Friday, and Dad is scheduled for surgery on Monday. His prognosis, based on what the dermatologist and surgeon can see, is excellent, although they are going to scan his lymph nodes just to be cautious.

My parents didn't tell me until now because they were afraid I'd freak out and worry myself half to death, which I am doing a little bit, but not as much as I would if I wasn't on my AD. I just keep telling myself, "There is nothing you can do about it except hope and pray that everything turns out fine." And knowing doctors, I think they tend to err on the side of cautious, so I don't think they would be giving him an overly bright prognosis if they had any reason to suspect it was otherwise.

Still, it is pretty fucking scary to hear MELANOMA. Basal cell and squamous cell cancers....no big deal. But the BIG M is another story.

Anyway, I was kinda down already because Shanks (our cat) is going to have surgery next week (dental cleaning but still going under anesthesia...so I am worried if he will come out ok, and if not, how would I explain it to N), plus the pool is opening at 3:30 p.m. now which means my whole routine is out of whack (as in what the hell am I gonna do with N now?). Top it all off with the news about Dad, and I am just having what is starting to be a really cruddy 2-week run (until we get news back on his lymph nodes).

No comments: