Adsense

Saturday, August 25, 2007

Another pregnancy wall

Yep, I've hit the "How much longer do I have to feel like this?" stage of pregnancy. Only 34 weeks, and I'm there.

Little man keeps trying to find room to move, but there is none to be found. I doubt my skin fibers can stretch much more. I can only imagine how uncomfortable it is for him if it is this uncomfortable for me.

Eating is becoming drudgery. While I am hungry, eating only makes me feel more distended, even when I only consume something small like an apple or a couple of crackers. It really sucks when I let myself go too long without eating and then eat a full-sized meal out of sheer starvation.

Fortunately for my 1/2 Unisom every night, I sleep ok, but I awaken to pee every 2 hours or so. Walking has become a joke because it either makes me feel those darn Braxton-Hicks contractions or causes dude to lay on my bladder, thereby resulting in repeated bathroom breaks.

Yeah, I know every pregnant woman has gone through this or is going through this now, but this is my blog so I'm gonna vent.

My friend M delivered her son this week, and seeing his picture on the web nursery made me feel a little giddy, an emotion I rarely experience. Wow, I'm gonna have a son. How cool! A little one again which is nice to think about when I'm having an "I don't like 3-year-olds" moment. Not that I'll especially like the rigors of having a newborn around, but perhaps the 2 ages will distract me from each other at all the right moments (and who says I don't have an ounce of optimism in me?).

N got a postcard today from her preschool teacher telling her in which class she will be. Kinda makes me sad--my little girl is starting preschool. So in addition to doing a baby scrapbook, I'll have to start a school scrapbook for her. As if I will have any time for hobbies.

I'm planning an "All About Me" September to celebrate my birthday mid-month. I've got a massage, a haircut & color, a baby shower, and a prenatal yoga/labor & delivery prep class scheduled for various days throughout the earlier part of the month.

The end of next month I anticipate hitting the, "Get this fucker outta me" wall, so I'm keeping my planner open.

No comments: