Adsense

Monday, July 9, 2007

Monstro

June 26, 2007

This boy, I know, already weighs 18 lbs. And my uterus must be staging a rebellion because I think it has decided not to grow any larger to accommodate Mr. Big. Most days it feels like he is just going to blow out a chunk of my abdomen at any second.

I don't remember feeling this big or this tired or this blucky with N. It seems like I sailed through my pregnancy physically with her, although I am sure some of this is that nice little "failure to remember anything about pregnancy" evolutionary trick that dupes one into producing additional offspring to ensure the continuation of the species.

Yes, I am 4 years older.
Yes, I am with a 3-year-old all day long, which wears me out even when not pregnant.
And some of these things should factor into my head when I feel big and tired and exhausted and thinking entirely too much about how many weeks I have left until delivery. Shit....but that is when the REAL WORK begins!

Maybe I was in such denial during my first pregnancy that I didn't accept or acknowledge feeling very pregnant. Or maybe it was because N was so serene in utero that I didn't feel like I had a mini Savion Glover in there doing his Mr. Bojangles routine.

With N, I was determined to go as long in the pregnancy as possible and connived to get myself to 41 weeks. I'm thinking I'll be looking at membrane stripping well before that this time.

1 comment:

Giselle said...

Um, wait, weren't you starving yourself by this time with Norah? Of course you felt smaller...your body was friggin' stealing nutrients from itself, so you probably were smaller. You may feel huge, but just think how great you are going to feel after he's born. You'll be so much stronger. Yay for no Gestational Diabetes!

For the record, I think you look ADORABLE. Cute little belly!