Adsense

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Summer in review

Now that there is only one week left before school begins (for N, anyway), I have been thinking about the summer, trying to remember what we did.  Of course the stand-outs are DisneyWorld and tonsillectomy, but as I peruse my photos, I hope I will find that we did at least a couple other fun things as well.


We did some crafts, including about 4 free summer craft sessions at Michael's.


We moved out of toddler beds and into big-boy twin beds.  


We swam in the blowup pool in the backyard and cut flowers from momma's garden.


We played ball with cousins.


And had fun on the swing set with cousins.



We enjoyed nights when big sis had sleepovers with the grandparents because we had BOY TIME!



We did some pretend play, including decorating ourselves like aliens.  


We took baths.  (Not very often, but enough to get the first layer of grime off.)


We played at the newest local splash park (which often "counted" as a bath.)


We did an engineering camp at our elementary school. 


We........well we......fought with each other and made messes and stuck balls up our shirts.  

I guess this summer wasn't half bad.


2 comments:

Keri said...

From my vantage point, it seems like this was your best summer yet as a mom. In fact, I've heard remarkably little complaining from you regarding boredom, lack of structure, kids driving you up the wall, etc....I'd say that's a sign of a great summer! ;-) Congratulations - it's well-deserved!

Keri said...

P.S. LOVE the balls in the shirts. Classic!