Adsense

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Art cars

Yesterday, D and I took the kids downtown to see an art car show.  I had been wanting to do this for awhile and it seemed like N, G and M might be at ages where we could go without too much hassle.  (No more than Disney World, for sure.)

Fortunately, it was cloudy so the temperature stayed in the low eighties, which was a blessed reprieve from normal August weather. 

The first thing the kids did was make their own "art cars."



With a little help from mom.

The artist also known as G.

N with her finished product.  


Checking out cars and talking to the artists.

Now wait just a minute, here.  What's up with this vehicle?


Art that you can touch is great!





After seeing the cars, we stopped into a museum/hotel and were actually able to see some cool art (because the kids did not act like a pack of wild dogs).   They loved the glow-in-the-dark velvet walls of this installation.  

1 comment:

Keri said...

That looks like a lot of fun! My kid would have loved it. I hate it when I only find out about stuff like that after the fact.... It would pay me to stay more informed about goings-on in our community, wouldn' it?