Adsense

Thursday, August 5, 2010

N's Summer Scrapbook

N is in the process of doing her "What I Did This Summer" scrapbook.  It is very low-key.  Lined paper printed off the internet and covers made of cereal box cardboard that I wrapped in white paper.  N decorated the front with the words:   My Advencher Scratbook.  



Last week I had her dictate to me the details she wanted to write about in her scrapbook.  I am allowing her to read over what she dictated and then write whatever she wants with those details being in her mind.

N's Dictations:

* Me and my family went to the Science Center.  And we got to get sneezed on by a sneeze machine.  Before we even got to go into the Elmo stuff.  Me and G got to be in a bubble and we got to make  bubbles by pressing a button for a machine.  


*The diggers were making a new road and it was still dirt and my brother G had been saying that he wanted to climb it.  And so one day we did.  And I had to change clothes because I was wearing very pretty clothes that day.  And I wish I had new shoes because when I wore my old tennis shoes I needed some more.  


*We went to Sheila's and she had a pool that was just the right feet.  And my Uncle K threw me into her pool.  And I went deep underwater and it was very fun.  And it was my Pa's birthday that day.  And I had to wear my goggles because I'm not very good swimming underwater without goggles.


*We went to see Thomas (the Train).  Not my brother's middle name, Thomas.  He (meaning G) wanted to see him.  When we first got there my legs were already tired.  And then when we walked back to the car they felt a little better.  And then we got tattoos.  I got Rosie because I like her.  And we got to ride him and we had a snack.  And I jumped in the jumper.  


*We went to the new Krispy Kreme in *-town.  And we all had doughnuts.  I got the sprinkles because sprinkles are my favorite.  And we all got a hat.


*We went to Holiday World.  It was very fun.  We got to grill out and ride rides.  And guess what?  I got to ride the big water slide.  It was so long you could run down it.  And then there was the wave pool.  At first they turned on the waves and then they turned off for 10 minutes.  And then they turned back on again.  And then there was the Holidog roller coaster.  It was fun.  


*Saturday I went to the movies with my daddy and we saw Toy Story 3.  I'm not gonna tell you about the movie but there is a scary part.  And we got popcorn and water.  And there was a very, very scary preview.  And then we came home.


*Me and my mamaw yesterday we went shopping.  She got me new shoe and new clothes and they are just the right size and style.  And she had to get me new socks because we didn't bring other socks for the new shoes.  


Here are the pages she has completed thus far:




2 comments:

Giselle said...

I love this! I especially like the idea of him dictating to me ahead of time and then allowing him to use it for ideas. Andrew gets so overwhelmed by the physical process of writing that his brain just turns off.

Consider this idea stolen!

Keri said...

Too cute!! N will be so glad she has this to enjoy in about 10 years, and you have proof that you gave her an awesome summer!