Adsense

Monday, August 16, 2010

Just maybe......

*N was the only thing that kept me half-way sane this summer, even though it often felt like she was the one who drove me nuts more often.

*Her snappy comebacks at me the last week and a half were anxiety-induced, knowing school would be starting again soon (I noticed tonight that she started picking at her nails, which she had stopped doing all summer).

*D, somewhere deep down inside, really adores me and the kids even though we drive him bat-shit crazy most of the time.

*D is secretly glad I am such a tightwad because he can then blame his putting off of purchasing technology on me being cheap as opposed to him waiting around for something newer & better to come out.

*M's red face is something that can easily be taken care of by a dermatologist and not some allergic reaction to my breastmilk that just began a month ago or a lifelong condition that will make it hard for him to get dates.

*I should communicate better with my husband so that he understands I really do prefer that he dork around on the Xbox instead of hanging out at bars.

*I should tell him that I sometimes specifically take the kids out somewhere on Saturdays or Sundays so he can have downtime, but what that means is that when I come home with the kids after 3-4 hours I want and expect him to spend time with us.  Or to just be on the 1st level of the house, breathing our air.

*G is sometimes my favorite kid because he is such a little hellion mess.

*I feel a little sad knowing that I have a first grader starting school tomorrow whom I will miss and whom I don't want to grow up, especially when she pulled out the scrapbook today so we could "look at her when she was smaller."  (Sniff)

*M is sleeping better because that darn tooth finally cut through the gum.

*The better sleep will be short-lived because of 2 white teeth sitting just below the gum, ready to break through at any moment.

*I am pretty content even though I sometimes feel like my head will pop off in frustration.