Adsense

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

I want another momma

I, Carrie, don't want another momma, but apparently my daughter does. And while she was mouthing off, she threw D and G in there too. She is too young to be starting her period, so what gives? Ah yes, she is 4 and a half. And she is a girl. And she is tired.

When G went down for his nap, I asked her if she wanted to do some pages in this little preschool workbook she has. We did a sequencing page, and she wrote her numbers 1-4. The number 3 was backward and looked like an E, and the number 2 was backward and looked like a 5. So I tried to show her the correct way to write them. Bad move on my part. This is when she decided she wanted another 'rent.

Now if she had just said, "I don't like you. I want another momma," I wouldn't have had a problem. But when I suggested we do another page to maybe avoid anymore pricklies from me saying something about her numbers, she kept saying she wanted to do the sequencing page (even when I thought we had finished it). It was like she was just egging me on, as if I was gonna say, "Oh, N, look you did do all your numbers correctly. I must just be stupid."

It was this shitty, constant badgering that pissed me off in the end and resulted in me taking paci and bears up to her room, followed by a screaming, crying N (who woke up her brother from his nap). And it was at this point I felt like saying, "N, I don't like you. I want another daughter."

No comments: