Adsense

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

A Day in the Life of a 10-Month-Old

Ahh, being 10 months old is awesome, mostly, especially when you got a sucka for a mom like I do.

She is still nursing me at night, even though I weigh well over 24 lbs. If all women are this easy, I got it made.

When I get up in the a.m., the first thing I do is destroy the living room. I just dump all my toys on the floor and drag my cars everywhere. Then I like to fuss for a bit until mom decides to feed me. Then I usually like to explore the dining room and kitchen. I go through mom's scrapbooking papers in the bottom drawer of a cabinet and then tear them up. In the kitchen I like to yank all the kitchen towels out of the drawer and toss them all over the floor. Sometimes I pull the garbage can over, although one time it landed on me which was Not Cool!

Today, while mom was changing sheets, I unrolled about 50 yards of toilet paper from the roll in my bathroom. And then I chewed on my sister's Disney Princess dolls that she plays with in the tub.

This afternoon, when mom was outside with me, I got into sis's sandtable and ate at least 2 or 3 handfuls of sand. Not as tasty as the dirt I ate at Nana's house a month or so ago, but I'm sure it has plenty of fiber. I tried crawling off the patio to get into some mulch, but mom stopped me.

The other night I managed to push myself out of the tub while N and I were being bathed. Kinda like a waterslide (I assume). Mom's knees were there to catch me; landing on tile might have hurt a bit.

I don't have too many goals for when I turn 1 in a little over a month. Maybe eat some bugs. Definitely learn to walk---I am all over that! More freedom! I'm thinking a good sprain or a broken nose might be in my near future. So much to do, so many injuries to sustain, so, so many messes to create.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

After I left your house Tom pulled a side table over on his big toe. Today it very swollen, black and blue and is obviously sensitive to the touch. He wobbles around straight legged trying not to bend his toes. He looks like a 90 year old man walking around.
I'm torn whether to go in for ANOTHER x-ray or just let it go. I'm leaning to seeing how it is on Monday. Does that make me a bad mother or just one tired of trips to the DR and x-ray lab? Just an idea of POSSIBLE (I hope not) things to come. :)