Adsense

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Waah, waah, waah--I'm a baby.

What follows below is a very childish, highly immature rant, but it's my blog, so there.

D is now down with the respiratory thing that G had, N had, and I kinda had yesterday. I felt a little under the weather yesterday, but trudged on as I always have to do since I'm the momma. Went to the grocery with D and the kids and bought a wedding present for D's coworker.

D came home from work early today and sat on the couch. Yeah, he did the dishes after supper, but then he was on the couch again until I called him up to keep N company while I nursed G and got him to sleep. When I went in to read to N, both she and D were asleep in her bed.

Now, D is not whining. He isn't being a big crybaby or anything. But I just don't feel sorry for him when he is ailing with a cold, and the truth is, I don't want him to talk about how he feels, or see him drexin' around, or anything. In my mind, he can be sick, but he can't act sick.

(Truth be told, I didn't cut him any slack when he had a diseased gallbladder. Once we knew it was a diseased gallbladder I was more sympathetic than when we thought it was acid reflux or whatever the emergency room physician thought. Am I cruel? (D---you are not allowed to answer.))

So why am I such a meany? Is it because I have gone through natural childbirth? Endured a c-section (which a woman I know assures me is worse than gallbladder surgery as she's had both and can speak from experience)? Had a ductal yeast infection and mastitis and still nursed? Had awful morning sickness and a stomach bug at the same time?

Ever since G got sick, I have been going to bed way early since I haven't known what the nights are gonna be like (as in not staying up and doing things I'd like to do like scrapbook or read People.com). And I've gotten up with the kids in the mornings, even when D was off Fri, Sat, Sun and Mon.

So when I see D not feeling so great, inside I'm saying, "Suck it up, man. My week has been shit and at least you got to sleep in and stay up playing Xbox." I guess I refuse to have a pity party for anyone else when I don't feel the love when I'm struggling with illness or tiredness or whatever.

There you have it. The adolescent bitch inside me lives large!

1 comment:

Giselle said...

I am sooooo with you on the hubby complaints. Even if they don't complain. A few nights ago, Jeff came home from work and I handed him the baby so I could finish up dinner. I caught him snoozing in the chair and I immediately said, "Now, how could YOU be tired??? You don't get up with the baby??? Do you think I get to snooze in the chair all day??? No, I manage to entertain 2 other children while I rock that baby."

Yea, I'm a real catch. Glad to see I'm not the only one.