Adsense

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Happenings in our home

G is working on more teeth, I suspect. Drooling fool and tugging at his hair and ears. I hope to heck it isn't ear infection because he is still taking his antibiotic.

And he is pulling up on everything. Baskets, people, appliances. This evening he pulled up on N and pulled down her skirt, which she thought was hilarious.


N FINALLY got sick of listening to Yakety-Yak and other music from 1958 in the car. So we have now moved on to Johnny Cash. Ring of Fire and Daddy Sang Bass are her favorites. We've also been listening to music from O Brother, Where Art Thou---her favorite on that CD is In The Jailhouse Now. We are so vintage lately. Below is a pic of my introduction of N to Wonder Woman.


N does a mostly good job of playing with G, but sometimes she is rough, which results in me fussing at her about being gentle. And then she gets frustrated at me because she isn't trying to hurt him and it makes her feel like I'm saying she is intentionally being rough or mean to him. And then I get frustrated with her for bugging with him when I am trying to get a shot of him doing something by himself. And then she gets frustrated with me for giving him more photographic attention than what she feels he is entitled. Endless bouts of frustration with one or the other of my children is the theme of most days, it seems.

But sometimes I am able to get in a shot of G by himself.

But it is because I have taken N aside for her own little photo shoot. Today was her showing off her new rainboots from Target. She also got a new swimsuit. I suspect these items will be worn together on our ventures to the pool.


G sees the pediatric dentist tomorrow and N sees Dr. K next week. I think I'll just lie and say we are done with the paci even though we are not and won't be for a long time. N pooped eventually of her own accord, and I daresay she will do the same with her paci. And if she doesn't we'll have to fit her for an orthodontic appliance to get her off it (as I had to do to give up thumb-sucking at age 10. YES, 10 years old!). Given my history of oral gratification, I ain't frettin' over her being just 4.5.

No comments: