Adsense

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Ohhhh, you said crown

Today N and I had an episode that was Laurel and Hardy-like. Earlier in the day, she had her friend B over for a visit. After B left, I told N we needed to straighten up the basement, and she was responsible for putting the dress-up costumes away.

As we were winding down, I told her to pick up the crown by her foot. She looked down and said, "Where is it?" Seeing that the crown was like 2 inches from her foot, I said, "Right there, next to your foot." Again, she looked down and said, "I don't see it." Thinking she was trying to trick me, which is her latest thing (I'm just trickin' ya, Mom), I bent down so I could see her mischievous little eyes. But she had a completely serious look on her face. So I thought, Is she going blind? I said again, "N, it is right by your foot!" Still no dice. OH MY GOD, she is JUST LIKE HER FATHER who can't see ketchup sitting on the refrigerator shelf directly in front of his face.

So I pick up the crown and wave it in front of her face. "This crown, N," I said. "Ohhh, you meant crown. I thought you said crayon," she replied.

Either I need a diction teacher or she needs her ears de-waxified.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's called a "tiara".

Anonymous said...

So funny!