Adsense

Monday, May 26, 2008

Oreo addiction and the weekend

I bought Oreos on Thursday night to take with us on Friday when we went to the Cincinnati Zoo. Bad, bad, bad idea. So much for the weight I lost as a result of breastfeeding.

The Zoo was fun and tiring. N liked the polar bear exhibit, and G really enjoyed seeing the anteaters. They were frenetic, which kept him thoroughly entertained. I think he thought they were really big and ugly cats. N was mesmerized by the vampire bats, as they were hanging over the edge of a bowl lapping up what I assume to be cow's blood.

I would post pictures but the hard drive on our picture center computer died so I ain't touching it until D puts in a new hard drive and has everything sufficiently backed up.

On Saturday, D was Mr. Fixit---rehanging my swing on the patio, replacing the broken outlet cover on the patio, moving the printer and getting all the laptops to print remotely. Cool.

Yesterday we spent most of the day at my MIL because G didn't go down for a nap until almost 2:00...and then proceeded to sleep way longer than he normally does. D cut grass and I cleaned windows and screens upon returning home.

G has cut his 3rd tooth and turned 8 months today. He's doing the "humpin" move on his hands and knees with regularity. N has been consuming entirely too many Oreos and brownies, which proves that although she looks nothing like me she has my sweet tooth and is, therefore, truly my daughter.

Well--gotta go. There are still some Oreos in the pantry.

No comments: