Adsense

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

N funnies

  • N loves to type on the laptop. It is all just jibberish, although occasionally she will type her name. She has learned our phone number so sometimes she pecks those digits out. Yesterday I let her type. While she was busy working, I made the mistake of asking her a question while she was deeply engaged in smacking the keys. She said, "Mommy, stop inter-bothering me." Uh, ok.

  • Today, while driving her to swim class, I came upon a driver who had pulled out and was blocking the left lane in her attempt to get into the right lane. Given that I am 1. sleep-deprived and 2. we were really running late, I said something on the order of "What an idiot!"

    It was at this point that I was reprimanded by a certain 4-year-old in the backseat that it is not nice to call people names. In her words, "We don't call people idiots, Mommy." Which then prompted me to explain how it was dangerous what the woman driving that car did (and really honkin stupid, but I left that part out). But I also noted that it is not nice to call people names even when they do things that aren't very smart.
As if I need another conscience!!!!! The one I have already lives in overdrive.

No comments: