Adsense

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day to me

Since it is Mother's Day, I thought I'd post a reminder to myself of why I am a good mom (since I sometimes have my doubts).

1. I have never hit my children, stuck them in microwaves, left them in the car unattended so I could watch and bet on the Derby, thrown them off an overpass, or allowed Annie Leibowitz to take racy photos of them in bed linens.

2. They are well-fed, sheltered, and given a bath at least once a week (I'm trying to conserve water).

3. They are hugged and kissed multiple times a day.

4. I play games like Naked Barbie Party with N and engage in other goofy fun to please her even when my brain is dribbling out my ear from boredom. (The male doll was soooo having a good time at this party!!!!)


5. I continue to breastfeed G even when he uses my nipple as a piece of rawhide on which to ease his aching gums.

6. I haven't run off to join the circus as an elephant poop-scooper, which sometimes seems like it might be a little easier and only slightly more gross than being a full-time mom.

I was gonna do a top-1o list, but after having a frozen margarita at the Mexican restaurant where I requested to go for Mother's Day, I can barely keep my eyes open. So 6 reasons why I am a good mom. Oh wait, I just thought of another one:

7. I SIMPLY ADORE THE LITTLE BUGGERS!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day, Carrie!
Susan

Anonymous said...

All very valid points! Love the photos, even the naked Barbie Party.