Adsense

Monday, June 2, 2008

Is it time for school to start yet?

I know it is waaaay too early for me to be thinking this. But I am just having trouble adjusting to N being around all the time, and I suspect she is too.

The first couple weeks were fine, but all of a sudden we seem to be at each other's throats, or I find myself being highly irritated by her.

Maybe it is because we have been keeping quite busy with the pool and various outdoor activities that, combined with the heat, wipe her out. As in she needs a nap but doesn't take one (or waits until 5:30 pm to zonk out on the couch and has to be woken up before she is ready). As in she gets to be a bear or whiney as hell as a result of her tiredness and drives me outta my frickin gourd. (Especially since I have G who cries out of frustration since he can't crawl yet even though he is trying like the dickens and cries out pain since he is still working on 3 of his top 4 teeth).

And with G taking 2 naps a day (morning and afternoon), I have to really schedule our outings. If he wakes from his morning nap, we have to be out the door in like 20 minutes so that N can have 2 hours at the pool before G loses his mind. But 2 hours aren't enough for N, so in addition to G screeching like an owl to go home, I have N crying and complaining, "But I want to stay with my friends. I don't want to go home." (Of course, some of this is sheer tiredness from jumping into the pool and swimming for 2 hours).

Suffice it to say, the pool ain't a real relaxin' place for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The local Y has a half day preschool camp. :-)