Adsense

Friday, February 15, 2008

Cosmo, Valentine's and Real Life

There was a time when I enjoyed browsing through a Cosmo magazine---before I was married. Before I was married was also when I cared about Valentine's Day. Now I experience Real Life, which has nothing to do with either of the aforementioned things.

I happened to see the new Cosmo with Rihanna on the cover. The "teasers" were so stupid. Something about Your Va-Jay-Jay. Um, yes, I remember having trouble saying the word vagina. It was before I exposed mine to everyone in the local hospital when I delivered my daughter. Maybe I'm the only one, but once I wiped another person's ass on a daily basis for years, I kinda lost the weirdness over saying the word vagina.

The other teasers were all about sex. So here is what I want to know.

1. How many married women in their 30s with 2+ kids actually give a rats-ass about having sex?
2. How often do these aforementioned women have sex just to get it over with and alleviate any guilt about denying their husbands?
3. How many would just as soon read a good book and go to sleep? Or eat some chocolate and go to sleep?

Even in Parenting magazine's surveys, it sounds like everyone is bonking like bunnies , and I know I cannot be the only person who just wants to shove all this sex and romance shit up someone's ass.

Ok, say it together now: Poor, poor D.

Between breastfeeding, being on the mini-pill and having a son who visits twice a night most nights, I am soooo not interested in anything having to do with sex. When N and G zonking on the couch this afternoon, I couldn't even watch the Victoria's Secret Sexiest Awards on E, which would normally be the perfect fluff to help my addled brain decompress. I just found it annoying.

So anyway, I did not pick up the copy of Cosmo because I don't really care what's up with my Va-Jay-Jay, provided it doesn't itch. And I didn't even get around to getting D a Valentine card because of the snow and just not being willing to drag myself and both kids into a HallMark for a card once the snow did melt.

Yeah, D is a saint, isn't he.

No comments: