Adsense

Thursday, February 7, 2008

Back to normal?

As if I even remember what normal was like. Well, normal with one child. Normal with 2 children is still in the works.

Both kids have been sick with 3-day fevers..N's was last week (T,W,Th) and G's was this week (S,M,T). So my routine or whatever constituted a routine has been screwed. Yesterday everyone was well but between G's nursing sessions at night and the February fricking tornadoes that blew through here Tuesday night I was in no shape to do anything. We all took a nap together mid-afternoon.

So today was "get a lot of shit done that I couldn't do before because both kids were sick" day. Drop off stuff to Goodwill, drop off recyclables, drop off overdue library books, drop off checks to various people. We visited Mamaw for a bit and were gonna go to Super Wal-Mart for groceries and a peek at the toy selection but N's "I don't wanna leave Mamaw" tantrum screwed that idea. By the time we got to Kroger, she was calm and I was able to get some groceries.

G has been taking good naps during the day because I have been breaking the cardinal rule of parenting, i.e., I have been letting him sleep on his tummy. Yes, I know I am a BAD, BAD mom, but he will sleep this way and is in so much better of a mood. During the day I can check on him periodically and listen & watch on the monitor. He remains upright in his carseat at night, though, and will remain that way in case anyone things I lack complete sense.

I'm sure tomorrow will screw up my "back to normal" mode because G is getting his Hib vaccine (which the pediatrician didn't have last week) so I'm sure he'll be fussy and feverish again.

But we'll just roll with it, I guess, since that is the only thing we can do.

No comments: