Adsense

Friday, April 27, 2007

Pre-vacation preparations

I have recovered from the WDW guidebooks, I think. It took a couple days, but I feel like we may just be able to survive this after all.

Now I am in shopping and pre-packing mode. I don't actually pack for trips until about 11 pm the night before leaving, but I try to get all my shopping done well in advance. What I have determined about this trip is that most of my shopping thus far has been to purchase 1. things I should have owned anyway, like umbrellas or 2. necessities that I have just been too lazy to buy (socks) and have made do with the crappy ones I already own (the ones with holes).

N's clothing is ready to go. I have taken everything nice and cute out of her room so that I don't accidentally put her in it before we leave. Neither D nor I has as voluminous a wardrobe as N, which will require some washing prior to setting out.

Last night I made the mistake of trying on bathing suits. Both of my SILs passed along maternity suits, and I had some bikinis from pre-pregnancy days that I thought might still do the trick (at least this early in the pregnancy). I love my belly and, in general, feel like I'm in a very cute poochy stage, but seeing myself in a swimsuit really takes the wind out of my sails.

Yes, I know I tend to be on the thin side (at least when not pregnant), but some of this thinness is due to not having hips. I am stick-straight, which is apparent as soon as I put on a bathing suit in the summer or am butt naked. I know some women complain about their hips, but hips are useful for a lot of things, like keeping one from looking like she swallowed a small basketball when she is only 17 weeks pregnant (which is how I am looking now).

Anyway, I am just ready to get on with this. Time seems to be in drag-it's-ass mode. I am ready for the WDW experience.

No comments: