Adsense

Saturday, April 28, 2007

The imp is poking and prodding

17 weeks

I've been noticing the imp in this last week. (Not the OCD imp, but the baby imp). I will be so glad when I know whether this baby is a boy or girl so I can refer to it as he or she instead of it. Now that I am no longer so sick, I can't really legitimize calling it Baby Butthole anymore.

I have been feeling more and more movement and yesterday even started to feel pokes. They certainly aren't strong enough to be called kicks, and I'm not feeling them on both the inside and outside of my skin, but they are noticeable enough to make me go, "Hey, there is actually a baby in there."

Feeling movement is, for me, the best and coolest thing about being pregnant. I am my own little science experiment.

I have told D that if my interest in the color blue is any indication, then we are having a boy. Normally I do not like blue very much, but in the last 2 weeks I have purchased some blue paint, blue shoes and blue capris. Maybe this is my psyche's way of telling me it's a boy. Maybe my psyche figures if it does turn out to be a boy, I better get used to seeing the color blue and tolerating it better.

We'll know soon enough, I guess.

No comments: