Adsense

Tuesday, January 9, 2007

This is why she don't need preschool




When I feel like a not-so-great mom, there are 2 things I can do that boost my self-confidence and make me feel like THE MOST WONDERFUL MOM ON THE PLANET.

And those 2 things are:
1. crawling through the McDonald's Playland with N
AND
2. letting her do crafts involving paint, glue, glitter or play-dough in my home.

These 2 activities involve sacrifice in the forms of physical pain (specifically the knees) while twisting myself into fleshy pretzel pieces at Mickey D's and emotional pain from seeing my linoleum, carpet, and N's clothing become canvases on which my little artiste' expresses her creativity.

So, after last night, I feel rejuvenated. And I feel better about holding off on preschool. I mean, how many preschool teachers tackle foot-paint ice-skating????

No comments: