Adsense

Thursday, January 18, 2007

RANT

I am so PMSing, which in and of itself really pisses me off. Great...more of the same fun evenings in February.

I just wanna have a big old gripe session so here goes:

It really pisses me off that I am the person who pays the bills, deals with health insurance, balances the checkbook, talks with the financial adviser, etc, etc, but if I try to ask a question related to D's "private info," like get info on HIS health claims or find out whether he can access our HSA info with HIS login, I get "Is Mr. L there? Can we please speak with Mr. L? We cannot give out personal, private info to someone who may or may not be Mr. L."

Goddamit!!! I know more about Mr. L's personal info than MR. L EVEN KNOWS! He comes to ME to find out information. I, more or less, run his fricking life. He knows it, and most of the time appreciates that I take care of all this sundry shit. I bet if I had taken his last name I wouldn't have near as much problem. Like just because my last name begins with a V and his with an L, it negates the marriage certificate and the fact that both of our names are on every piece of financial info we have. I am even listed 3rd on our health insurance cards. N is 2nd because her last name is L. Could I feel any more marginalized?

And don't these dimwhits know that I could put my next door MALE neighbor on the phone to impersonate my husband. He likely knows more than D does about our finances, health insurance, etc.

I know D and N appreciate what I do, but sometimes I feel simply useless. And mostly it is because while trying to be useful, I run into stupid roadblocks that require me to shuffle over to my husband to ask for his assistance.

Yesterday I finished watching Pride and Prejudice and almost got sucked into the idealism of the Mr. Darcy and Miss Bennett love affair, but then I thought of poor Charlotte, who at 27 is a burden to her family and marries Mr. Collins for security. And today reminds me of it even more....feeling like chattal, like property of my husband. Lord knows D doesn't think this way, but sometimes it yanks my chain that society often does.

Yeah, I know it is because of "fraud" and "identity theft," but a customer service person cannot know with whom they are speaking if that person has all the right info AND the correctly deep or soft-pitched voice. If I had had my brother get on the phone, they would have blabbered all the info to him. They didn't spill because 1. I am the little lady, and 2. because I am honest enough to explain what I need rather than being duplicitous.

Let's see what else is sticking in my craw?????

I think that is about it, but I'm not expected to see Aunt Fran until next week so there will be more to come.

No comments: