Adsense

Monday, March 12, 2012

Quirks in the family

Everyone has quirks, but it is funny now that I have my own family to see their quirky behaviors.

I have listed some of mine before....like I won't wear chinos, I mismatch my pajamas even if I purchase them as a matching set, and one of the best small joys in life is taking the first spoonful in a new jar of Jif peanut butter.

This weekend D and I painted N's new big-girl, all-by-herself bedroom a pretty shade of purple.  Seeing him unscrew the outlet covers reminded me of one of his quirks:  all the screws in all the outlet covers and light switches in the entire house have to be vertical....perfectly vertical.

G has to sit in the crack between the couch cushions in this one particular part of the couch.  Who the heck likes sitting in the crack???

N has never liked the sound of flushing toilets.   When she was little she would cover her ears with both hands.  Now she simply refuses to flush (gross).

I think M may be a little too young to have established quirks.  Plus he doesn't have an original idea in his head since all he does is imitate the other two.


No comments: