Adsense

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Resolving not to be resolute

I don't usually make resolutions because of the way in which they are kaput by Feb 1.  I don't like to fail, so resolving to do or not do something seems like asking to have my self-esteem mangled.  I think, though, if I refer to this entire process as "goal-setting," it seems more do-able.

So what are some goals for 2011?

1. To use the treadmill more regularly (with the goal being once a week) in the purposes for which it was intended (walking), rather than just as a massive dust collector and stuff-puter-oner in the office.

2. To go to DisneyWorld on vacation (because even with 3 kids, I still think it would be fun).

3. Remove the wallpaper from my laundry room and repaint the walls a nice taupe-y color.

4. To not do anything board-related (or having even a snippet of responsibility) in my MOMS Club chapter and stick with it.

And that is all.

If I have learned anything since becoming a stay-at-home mom, it is to set my standards fairly low and my goals almost certainly reachable.  So when I am able to go above & beyond, I feel like a completely efficient and amazing rock-star of a person.  

1 comment:

Keri said...

These sound like very achievable goals - and I'm not being sarcastic. I think you're right on the money about being realistic and then being pleased about accomplishing your objectives.